Monday, July 26, 2010

Chris Paul Staying In New Orleans.........For Now.


Apparently a lot can change in just one meeting. A few days ago it seemed as if Chris Paul demanding a trade was imminent. For now, it seems as if the still-young superstar is staying put.

About a week ago Paul came out with a list of destinations he would like to be traded to. However it's looking like the Hornets' brass was convincing enough to change his mind. In a statement from Paul following the meeting he seemed much more optimistic about a future in New Orleans. "I expressed my desire to win and I like what they said about the direction that they want to take the team. I have been a Hornet my entire career and I hope to represent the city of New Orleans and state of Louisiana for many years to come."

Make no mistake about it, if the Hornets are unable to make any moves to put at least a contending team in place then Paul is out of there and I don't blame him. He's too good of a player to waste his time with a franchise that's not looking to contend for a title. And he's not good enough of a player to make it happen on his own. If he wants a championship he has no choice but to get far better talent around him.