Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I Can't Take This Anymore


First LeBron James was definitely going to the Bulls, then he was going to Miami, now they're starting to talk about the Mavericks and his hometown Cavaliers. This was all in the last 24 hours. I can't handle this anymore. I am emotionally drained at this point and I suspect that I may have a bleeding ulcer. To top it all off, Paul Pierce has just notified the NBA that he's opting out of his contract with the Celtics so he too is now an unrestricted free agent.

As a Chicago Bulls fan, I simply discredit any report that comes out that says LeBron's not going to Chicago, yes I know it's completely unhealthy but what do you want from me. Earlier today a report came out that Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and LeBron James all sat down somewhere in Miami to talk about their futures. According to ESPN's Stephen A. Smith, the three superstars agreed to align themselves with the Heat next season. That scenario would be comparable to the apocalypse for every other Eastern Conference team. If that happened, David Stern would move to Miami, Donnie Walsh would be run out of New York with pitchforks and torches, and the rest of the owners in the Eastern Conference would be drinking poisoned kool-aid in a mass suicide.

Fortunately for me and anyone else who isn't a Heat fan, it has been proven that no such meeting took place. Wade had a court hearing on Friday in Chicago, then was seen at a Cubs vs. White Sox game Saturday night and flew out of Chicago on Sunday but not to Miami. I would love to know who Smith's sources are because they were obviously dead wrong. Everyone has their sources but if you keep backtracking through everyone's sources, in a situation like this, someone just made something up. It's as simple as that.

The truth is that no one has any idea who's going to sign where. I sure as hell don't know anymore. Right now I'm questioning everything I know about life after all of these conflicting reports. A source close to the Chicago Tribune claims that LeBron will commit to the Bulls by July 3rd. Of course, this source was not named. What fun would that be? No the media wants to screw with us as much as humanly possible before midnight tomorrow night.

My advice to you is to lock yourself in some sort of bomb shelter, a closet should do, and come out in a few days, hopefully we'll have a much clearer image by then. I'm going to sit here at my laptop and agonize for the next 48 hours.