Wednesday, August 5, 2009

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!


Are you seeing this picture above? Do you see the billboards\players? That could be the NBA by the 2011-2012 season.

 

It has been rumored that the NBA will allow companies to advertise on jerseys. Personally I am appalled by this and am against it with a fiery passion. If I see an Aflac advertisement on a Chicago Bulls jersey I will go absolutely berserk. This is unacceptable and downright foolish. 

 

The NBA feels that advertising on jerseys will increase the league revenue, and as a lifelong fan I will speak for all of us when I emphatically say, "Find another way". Leave the advertisements for NASCAR, if we do this then we are setting a dangerous precedent. What's next, clowns to attract more viewers? To me this is just as absurd as that would be, and in no way will it be tolerated by fans. The NBA league offices could be about to make one of its biggest mistakes ever.