Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Rose to Start Home Opener vs Spurs


A right ankle injury has held reigning rookie of the year Derrick Rose out of action since October 2nd. Recently there have been reports saying that Rose's injury was more serious than the Bulls were letting on and that he could be out for an extended period of time.

Through the past few weeks the Bulls training staff has been very careful with their franchise player. They have been holding him off the court much more than Rose feels is necessary.

"They're worried about me coming back too soon," said the frustrated Rose. "They tell me to take my time. They're not listening to me. If it was up to me, I'd tape it up and be on the court. They said they want it to be healed totally before the season starts."

It doesn't help his ankle that in his first two games this season Rose will be matching up with Tony Parker and Rajon Rondo on back to back nights.

Last season Rose struggled against San Antonio only scoring 11 PPG, while shooting a rough 34% from the field.