Saturday, October 31, 2009

NBA Regular Season 10-31-09


Wizards vs Nets (Slo's pick: Wizards)
The Wizards are clearly a much improved team from last year and will pick up their second win of the season tonight in the Verizon Center. Even if Caron Butler doesn't play they will still probably beat teams like the Nets.

Cavaliers vs Bobcats (Slo's pick: Cavs)
Both teams are playing back to back nights but this one is very easy to call. The Cavs are going to beat the Bobcats and improve to 2-2. It doesn't help the Bobcats that they are coming off a double overtime battle with the New York Knicks.

Knicks vs 76ers (Slo's pick: 76ers)
After a demoralizing double OT loss in Charlotte last night the Knicks will return home to lose to the potential packed 76ers. Andre Iguodala will have a big night en route to a blow out win.

Rockets vs Blazers (Slo's pick: Blazers)
I'm taking the Blazers because in a close game I believe they have more scoring options than the Rockets. The Blazers have been a disappointment to me so far this season and I'm still expecting them to be a surprise contender in the west.

Bucks vs Pistons (Slo's pick: Pistons)
A tough home loss to the Thunder last night will fuel the Pistons to win tonight in Milwaukee. Even without Richard Hamilton I still see the Pistons winning tonight. If they can stop Michael Redd then they won't have any problems. I would let Jennings hurt me to his heart's content because he won't beat a team single handedly.

Spurs vs Kings (Slo's pick: Spurs)
I hope last night's close game with the Hornets in New Orleans was a big moral victory for the Kings because tonight I don't see them coming within 15 points of the Spurs.

Clippers vs Mavericks (Slo's pick: Mavs)
The Mavs are playing back to back road games but they didn't have to travel because they are both against LA teams. After an impressive and somewhat shocking blow out win against the Lakers last night I expect the Mavs to keep the ball rolling tonight against the Clippers.

Slo's record on the season: 19-11
Slo's record last night: 8-4 (I forgot to pick one game)