Wednesday, January 13, 2010

NBA Regular Season 1-13-10


Nets vs Celtics (Slo's pick: Celtics)
Picking the Nets would make me legally insane.

Hawks vs Wizards (Slo's pick: Hawks)
I have a hard time seeing the Wizards making this close tonight, the Hawks will win in a blowout.

Pacers vs Suns (Slo's pick: Suns)
The Suns will wipe the Pacers all over their own floor. I expect the Suns to win big tonight in Indiana.

76ers vs Knicks (Slo's pick: 76ers)
I'm picking the Sixers only because they're home, the key for the Sixers in this game is to keep Al Harrington contained. If he gets hot the Sixers are in trouble. Once he gets going he's very tough to stop.

Hornets vs Clippers (Slo's pick: Hornets)
The Hornets are an impressive 14-3 at home this season, I don't see the Clippers disrupting the Hornets hot streak tonight.

Thunder vs Spurs (Slo's pick: Thunder)
The Spurs are playing the second half of back to back games tonight, the Thunder should take advantage by pushing the ball up the floor as much as possible. If they do that a win is coming their way. Not only are the Spurs' legs old, but now they are also tired. That's never a good combination.

Mavericks vs Lakers (Slo's pick: Lakers)
Kobe has had two bad games in a row. I won't be surprised to see him go off for 50 tonight in Dallas. Right now Kobe is listed as day to day. I'm putting my trust in his warrior like mentality when picking the Lakers. I think he's probably going to try and play through it in a statement game like this.

Rockets vs T'Wolves (Slo's pick: Rockets)
There's no way in the world I'm taking an 8 win team over the pretty good Rockets. The Rockets should win this game comfortably tonight at home.

Nuggets vs Magic (Slo's pick: Nuggets)
Big game. I'm picking the Nuggets because of the lift they get from their home crowd. However I won't be the least bit surprised to see Dwight Howard bull his way to a win tonight for the Magic.

Trailblazers vs Bucks (Slo's pick: Trailblazers)
The Blazers are better, and home. Therefore common sense tells me that they are going to win. This would have been a no brainer but the inconsistency of the Blazers scares me.

Warriors vs Heat (Slo's pick: Heat)
The Warriors match up well with the Heat, I still don't see them coming away with a win tonight.


Slo's record on the season: 305-164
Slo's record Jan. 8th: 5-7