Friday, January 15, 2010

NBA Regular Season 1-15-10


Bulls vs Wizards (Slo's pick: Bulls)
Although they probably have dead legs from beating the Celtics last night in Boston. I still see the Bulls winning this game.

76ers vs Kings (Slo's pick: Kings)
The Kings are a much better team than their record indicates. Their record is the way it is only because of how rigorous their schedule has been over the last month. In my opinion, if they were moved to the Eastern Conference they would be in the playoff picture.

Spurs vs Bobcats (Slo's pick: Spurs)
I have no choice but to take the Spurs in this game. I can't think of any logical reason not to.

Hawks vs Suns (Slo's pick: Hawks)
Unlike most teams the Hawks can play the Suns' style and still win. With the energy of their home crowd I think the Hawks are coming away with a win tonight.

Pistons vs Hornets (Slo's pick: Hornets)
The Pistons haven't won a game since December 12th. They're due for a win, I think it's going to come tonight. I originally took the Hornets in this game but my gut was screaming Pistons. I'm always interested to see if my gut is right.

Nets vs Pacers (Slo's pick: Pacers)
There is a really good chance that I won't pick the Nets in any game for the rest of the season. With their 3-35 record I think the odds are in my favor.

Raptors vs Knicks (Slo's pick: Raptors)
Chris Bosh is going to be a huge matchup problem for this Knicks team. I see Bosh going off in a Raptors road win.

Grizzlies vs T'Wolves (Slo's pick: Grizzlies)
If the Grizzlies keep this a fast paced game they will win in a blowout. The T'Wolves might be able to run with them for 8-12 minutes. But not much longer than that.

Mavericks vs Thunder (Slo's pick: Mavericks)
Winning this game would be a huge statement for the Thunder. I just don't see how their going to stop Dirk Nowitzki. With the home crowd behind him Nowitzki is going to carry his Mavs to a win.

Rockets vs Heat (Slo's pick: Rockets)
The Rockets have too many offensive weapons for this struggling Heat team to contend with. Granted, none of them are all-star caliber players. But there's enough of them to make up for it. The Rockets' balanced attack is going to lead them to a win tonight at home.

Warriors vs Bucks (Slo's pick: Bucks)
If the Bucks can keep this a half court game they're going to win. It wouldn't hurt if Brandon Jennings woke up. He's now shooting under 40% on the season which is terrible for a guard who's expected to score. If they let the Warriors get out on the break the Bucks are going to get killed.

Lakers vs Clippers (Slo's pick: Lakers)
Last time these teams played the Clippers won. I don't see that happening again. There's really no home team in this game since both teams play out of the Staples Center. I think Kobe Bryant is going to have an offensive explosion in a Lakers win.

Trailblazers vs Magic (Slo's pick: Magic)
Big time players play well in big time games. This is a huge game for the lately inconsistent Magic. A couple solid wins would give them some stability which they are desperate for right now. Obviously their record is still great, but they've dropped to the third spot in the East. I think Dwight Howard's going to have a solid game as his team picks up the win.


Slo's record on the season: 313-167
Slo's record on Jan. 13th: 8-3