Saturday, February 20, 2010

NBA Regular Season 2-20-10


Bulls vs 76ers (Slo's pick: Bulls)
The Bulls are in a brutal stretch of five games in seven nights. The stretch has been kind to them thus far and I don't see things going any differently tonight against the Sixers. The Bulls were unimpressive in their win last night in Minnesota as the new additions of Hakim Warrick and Flip Murray were noticeably uncomfortable in the offense.

Raptors vs Wizards (Slo's pick: Raptors)
The Wizards are coming off a shockingly impressive win last night against the Nuggets, I can't see them putting together a similar performance tonight. Or anytime soon for that matter.

Knicks vs Thunder (Slo's pick: Thunder)
I'm interested to see how the Thunder will fare in their push for the postseason. As a young team I won't be surprised to see them break down once the pressure really starts to mount. I don't think they will, but I wouldn't be shocked.

Mavericks vs Heat (Slo's pick: Mavericks)
The Mavs have won the last 12 regular season meetings between these two teams. I'm sure Dirk Nowitzki still has an axe to grind since losing the championship to the Heat just a few years ago. Losses like that stick with a competitor, it's not just forgotten with the next season.

Rockets vs Pacers (Slo's pick: Rockets)
This is the Rockets' first game with newly acquired sharpshooter Kevin Martin, I'm curious to see how he will gel with the Rockets' system. Even if he plays bad tonight the Rockets should still win this game with a lot of breathing room.

Bucks vs Bobcats (Slo's pick: Bobcats)
After a big win last night against the Cavs, I expect the Bobcats to build on their success with a win over the Bucks. Unfortunately for the fans in Milwaukee, I'm afraid once again the Bucks are lottery bound with a very slim chance at a high pick.

Clippers vs Kings (Slo's pick: Kings)
In my opinion the Kings are better without Kevin Martin. It was once he came back from injury that they started losing. They're going to give the franchise to Tyreke Evans to live and die with his play.


Slo's record on the season: 454-227
Slo's record last night: 6-6