Tuesday, November 3, 2009

NBA Regular Season 11-3-09


Bulls vs Bucks (Slo's pick: Bulls)
Derrick Rose has struggled immensely this year because of an ankle injury which has kept him sidelined for 3 1/2 weeks prior to opening night. Slowly he's looking more and more like himself. I think he's going to break out in these next three games. I take the Bulls tonight to end their two game losing streak.

76ers vs Celtics (Slo's pick: Celtics)
Unless injuries are involved, I don't think I'll ever pick against the Celtics this season. They're going to win tonight in a blowout as usual.

Cavaliers vs Wizards (Slo's pick: Cavs)
The Wizards are a much improved team from last season and has entered the race for the 4-8 seeds. However they are still nowhere near the top tier teams in the east which are the Cavs, Celtics, and Magic. I think the Cavs are going to win this one tonight at home.

Pacers vs Nuggets (Slo's pick: Nuggets)
Carmelo Anthony is averaging 37 PPG this season and as I look at the Pacers' roster I don't see anyone who can slow him down. The Nuggets are better than the Pacers from head to toe and will clearly exemplify that tonight in Indiana's ugly stadium.

Pistons vs Magic (Slo's pick: Magic)

Get ready to watch Ben Gordon frolic around the three point line and jack up threes all night in the absence of Richard Hamilton. I'm taking the Magic, the only reason why they were able to win in Toronto Sunday night is because they hit 17 threes. But now Vince Carter is back in the lineup and that pushes them to a new level. I originally took the Pistons for this game but once I found out Carter was playing I had to go back and change it.

Heat vs Suns (Slo's pick: Suns)
This game is the hardest to pick tonight. The meeting of undefeated teams are never easy to predict. The reason why I'm taking the Suns is because I don't think the Heat have the defense to contain the Suns' explosive offense. I'm taking the Suns with very little confidence, especially because this game is in Miami.

Thunder vs Lakers (Slo's pick: Lakers)
The absence of Pau Gasol has somewhat exposed the Lakers so far this year. First the Clippers beat up on them in the paint and then the Mavs had their way with the Lakers' bigs en route to a blowout win on national TV. The Thunder however have been impressive this season but I'm not sold on them yet. This game is a statement game for the Thunder. Even without Gasol the Lakers are heavy favorites over the Thunder and that's why I'm taking them.

Mavericks vs Jazz (Slo's pick: Mavs)
The Jazz have been unbelievably disappointing to me with the first week of the season now behind us. I'm taking the Mavs tonight partly out of frustration that I keep taking the Jazz and they keep losing.

Trailblazers vs Hawks (Slo's pick: Blazers)
It's too bad that this game isn't nationally televised because it's going to be a very entertaining shootout. I'm taking the Blazers for no other reason than the fact that they're home.

Slo's record on the season: 31-18 (63%)
Slo's record last night: 2-3