Saturday, November 7, 2009

NBA Regular Season 11-7-09


Bulls vs Bobcats (Slo's pick: Bulls)
The Bulls are coming of a big win on Thursday night in Cleveland. I think they're going to improve to 3-0 at home tonight against the visiting Bobcats. Rose has looked better and better so expect his numbers to start rising very soon. I think the Bulls will win in either a huge blowout, or a very tight game that come down to the last possession. That seems to be a pattern with them.

Nets vs Celtics (Slo's pick: Celtics)
The Celtics dropped their first game of the season last night and I have a hard time seeing that lineup lose back to back games. It helps that they're playing the worst team in the east. I don't feel the Nets could come within 20 tonight.

Hawks vs Nuggets (Slo's pick: Nuggets)
Both of these teams are very good, I think the Nuggets are slightly better and that's why I'm taking them tonight. The Hawks are very dangerous at home so that makes me hesitant to take a road team, even a good one. But I have a feeling that Carmelo Anthony might reach 50 points tonight in Atlanta. I think the Nuggets will get their season back on track tonight.

Mavericks vs Raptors (Slo's pick: Mavs)
The Mavs are better, and at home. There is no logical reason to believe that the Raptors are going to beat them tonight.

Bucks vs Knicks (Slo's pick: Bucks)
The Bucks have been playing well in the past week and I think that trend will continue tonight in Milwaukee. I hate picking games with the Knicks because they're always one of two extremes. They either play very well and are capable of beating even the best teams, or they play horribly and lose by 30. The Bucks should win this game if Brandon Jennings plays the way he has been playing all season.

Jazz vs Kings (Slo's pick: Jazz)
The Jazz will win easily tonight in Utah. The Kings are the worst team in the league and I have absolutely zero faith that they can play with the Jazz for 48 minutes.

Clippers vs Grizzlies (Slo's pick: Grizzlies)

The visiting Grizzlies are very talented, much more than the Clippers. Although this game is in LA I still think the Grizzlies should walk out with a win tonight. The Grizzlies are right on the edge of being a possible contender for the eighth seed, or being a 30 win team without even smelling the scent of the playoffs.


Slo's record on the season: 50-33 (60%)
Slo's record last night: 5-8