Wednesday, November 4, 2009

NBA Regular Season 11-4-09


T'Wolves vs Celtics (Slo's pick: Celtics)
Blowout. Won't be remotely close. The Celtics barely showed up last night against the Sixers and still won by 21.

Magic vs Suns (Slo's pick: Magic)
The Suns have played very well so far this season but I think we're in for a Dwight Howard explosion tonight. He fouled out last night and played the worst all around game I've ever seen from him. I think he's going to go off tonight at home. Also, hopefully Vince Carter plays more minutes tonight because I'm banking on him playing a good game when I take the Magic.

Wizards vs Heat (Slo's pick: Wizards)
Both of these teams are pretty evenly matched, I'm taking the Wizards because they're home and because I love the way Gilbert Arenas is playing right now. I'm taking the Wizards in a close game to hand the Heat their second consecutive loss.

Raptors vs Pistons (Slo's pick: Raptors)
When I look at the Pistons' roster I don't see anyone who can stop Bosh. Ben Wallace has been playing well this season but Bosh is too fast for Wallace to keep up with on a consistent basis. Unless Ben Gordon goes off for 35+, I see the Raptors getting the win at home.

Nets vs Nuggets (Slo's pick: Nuggets)
The Nuggets are better up and down the roster. I see them staying perfect tonight in New Jersey. I really hope LeBron ends up going there because if he doesn't then the Nets are going to be a bottom feeder team for a long time. When they traded Vince Carter all they were doing was setting themselves up for next summer.

Pacers vs Knicks (Slo's pick: Knicks)
Both teams are atrociously bad and this game will be sloppy because of it. The only good player on the Pacers is Danny Granger and he's not enough to beat a team totally on his own. I like the Knicks tonight at home.

Rockets vs Lakers (Slo's pick: Lakers)
The Lakers are getting the win tonight in Ron Artest's first return to Houston. The Rockets have been the most surprising team to me this year because I thought they were going to be winless at this point in the year. I'm taking the Lakers because I'm not sold on the Rockets' legitimacy, It's going to take a while for me to believe in them.

Hornets vs Mavericks (Slo's pick: Mavs)
I think the Mavs are a much better team than the Hornets and that's why I'm taking them. Although I feel like I could me making a mistake because my gut is screaming to me that the Hornets are going to play well at home tonight. Still, I can't justify taking the Hornets over any good team with the way they're playing right now.

Kings vs Hawks (Slo's pick: Hawks)
I love the Hawks' roster and believe that they have the talent to make it far in the east with the right coaching. They're going to go into Sacramento and grab an easy win tonight as long as Kevin Martin doesn't drop 40 on them.

Warriors vs Grizzlies (Slo's pick: Warriors)
The Warriors are winless this season and I don't think that trend will go on for long. I'm taking them tonight partly because I think they're going to have to win sometime soon and the Grizzlies are playing terribly. Also, reports have surfaced of turmoil in the Grizzlies' locker room. Being on the road and having chemistry problems are two big obstacles for a young team and that's why I'm taking the Warriors tonight.

Slo's record on the season: 38-20 (65%)
Slo's record last night: 7-2